The following describes the terms and conditions on which Marketta offers you access to our sites, services, applications, and tools.
Welcome to www.marketta.com.cy
. By using Marketta (including marketta.com.cy and its related sites, services, applications, and tools), you agree to the following terms and the general principles for the sites of our subsidiaries and international affiliates.
You accept this User Agreement by clicking the Submit button when registering a Marketta account; accessing or using Marketta's sites, services, applications, and tools; or as otherwise indicated on a specific site, service, application, or tool.
While using Marketta sites, services, applications, and tools, you may not:
• post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites and services;
• violate any laws, third party rights or our policies;
• use our sites, services, applications, or tools if you are not able to form legally binding contracts or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our sites, services, applications, or tools;
• fail to deliver payment for items purchased by you, unless the seller has materially changed the item's description after paid, a clear typographical error is made, or you cannot reach the seller;
• fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms, or you cannot reach the buyer;
• manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other users' listings;
• post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content;
• take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the sites or using it for purposes unrelated to Marketta);
• circumvent any Marketta policy or determinations about your account status such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions;
• transfer by any manner any Marketta application or your Marketta account (including Feedback) and user ID to another party without our consent;
• distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
• distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Marketta, or the interests or property of Marketta users;
• copy, modify, or distribute rights or content from the Marketta sites, services, applications, or tools or Marketta's copyrights and trademarks;
• commercialize any Marketta application or any information or software associated with such application; or
• harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
We work to keep our sites, services, applications, and tools working properly and the Community safe. Please report problems, offensive content, and policy violations to us.
Without limiting other remedies, we may, in our sole discretion, limit, suspend, or terminate our services and user accounts, prohibit access to our sites, services, applications, and tools, and their content, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users from using our sites, services, applications, or tools, if we think that they are creating problems or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies (for example, and without limitation, shill bidding, conducting off-Marketta transactions, manipulating Feedback, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing our employees or other users). We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a period of 12 months, or to modify or discontinue Marketta sites, services, applications, or tools.
Many of our sites, services, applications, and tools are accessible to international sellers and buyers.
In some cases, you may be able to sell your items internationally by listing items for sale directly on Marketta. However, you may restrict international buyers from purchasing your items if you explicitly exclude international shipping locations from your listings by creating and applying an exclusion list to your listings. You, as buyer or seller, are solely responsible for complying with all laws and regulations applicable to the sale and shipment of items to international buyers.
Fees and Services
Joining Marketta and listing items is free. We do charge fees for using other services, such as promoting listed items. The fees we charge for using our services are listed on our Fees table
, which we may change from time to time. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the sites or in our applications.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Euro. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with our sites, services, applications, and tools with a valid payment method by the payment due date. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, your account will be suspended. In addition, you will be subject to suspend or restrict you from using our sites, services, applications, and tools until full payment is made.
When providing us with content or posting content on Marketta's sites, services, applications, and tools, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, and database rights you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
We try to keep Marketta and its sites, services, applications, and tools safe, secure, and functioning properly. You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee the continuous operation or access to our sites, services, applications, or tools. You further acknowledge that operation of and access to our sites, services, applications, or tools may be interfered with as a result of technical issues or numerous factors beyond our control. Bid updates and other notification functionality in Marketta's applications may not occur in real time. Such functionality is subject to delays including, without limitation, delays, or latency due to your physical location or your wireless data service provider’s network. You agree that you are making use of our sites, services, applications, and tools at your own risk, and that they are being provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable, and you agree not to hold Marketta responsible whatsoever, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, or other intangible losses or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
• Your use of or your inability to use our sites, services and tools;
• Delays or disruptions in our sites, services, applications, or tools;
• Viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing our sites, services, applications, or tools or any site, services, applications, or tools linked to our sites, services, applications, or tools;
• Glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our sites, services, applications, and tools or in the information and graphics obtained from them;
• Damage to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that results from the use of our sites, services, applications, and tools;
• The content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our sites, services, applications, or tools, feedback provided by third parties, or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
• A suspension or other action taken with respect to your account;
• Marketta's decision to end or remove your listing(s);
• Your need to modify practices, content, or behavior or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies; Marketta reserves the right to modify its policies and this User Agreement at any time consistent with the provisions outlined herein.
Access and Interference
Marketta's sites contain robot exclusion headers. Information on our sites is subject to constant updates and changes. Much of the information on the sites is also proprietary or is licensed to Marketta by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access our sites for any purpose without our express handwritten permission.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
• take any action that imposes or may impose (to be determined in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
• copy, reproduce, reverse engineer, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for your information) from our sites, services, applications, or tools without the prior express written permission of Marketta and the appropriate third party, as applicable;
• interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our sites, services, applications, or tools, or any activities conducted on or with our sites, services, applications, or tools; or
• bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to our sites.
By listing an item on Marketta's sites, you agree: to pay Marketta's fees if applicable, to assume full responsibility for the content of the listing and item offered, and to accept the following listing conditions: When you list an item on Marketta's your listing will be posted on Marketta's sites and can be viewed in My Account. You can modify or edit your listing but you cannot delete it. Once an item is listed it will be in kept in Marketta’s database and used only for statistics.
Marketta has the right, at its sole discretion, to delete any listing that may occur inappropriate or do not fit into the general content of the website.
You are responsible for reading the full item listing, including any instructions and details that stores on Marketta provide, before you buy.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this User Agreement, your improper use of Marketta's sites, services, applications, or tools, and/or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.marketta.com.cy
. Our right to amend the User Agreement includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the User Agreement. Except as stated otherwise in this User Agreement or elsewhere, all amended terms shall automatically be effective after they are initially posted. Additionally, we will notify you through the Marketta Message Center and/or by email. This User Agreement may not be otherwise amended except in a writing hand signed by you and us. For purposes of this provision, a "writing" does not include an email message and a signature does not include an electronic signature.